Human Body Systems Biology Interesting Facts
- Did you than human nose can remember up to 50000 different types of scents .
- Research suggests that Children tend to grow faster in spring season as compared to any other time of the year !
- Do you know that on average,men have larger noses than women !
- Do you know that the enamel on the top surface of our tooth is the hardest part of the entire body !
- Food is either cooled or warmed to a suitable temperature in the mouth !
- Hugging releases oxytocin,which helps to heal physical wounds,makes someone trust you more !
- Do you know that your Toe-prints are also unique , just like your finger prints !And imagine even your tongue print is unique!
- You know ,you have no sense of smell when you're sleeping!
- You know ,you can see your nose all the time but somehow your brain always ignores it!
- We all blink after every few seconds, but do we know the purpose of blinking ! Blinking helps to wash tears over our eyeballs.That keeps them clean and moist.
- An average person has over 1,460 dreams a year which is about 4 dreams every night!
- On a clear night ,the human eye can see between 2000 to 3000 stars in the sky.
- Do you know the similarity between human body and a banana? You will be amazed to know that 50% of human DNA is same as in banana!
- The human body has enough iron in it to make 3 inches long nail.
- A human heart pumps enough blood to fill 100 swimming pools in an average lifetime.In the same time it will beat almost three billion times
- While sleeping, one person out of every eight snores, and one in ten grinds his teeth
- All babies are color blind when they are born ,so > they only see black & white.
- People with dark color skin wrinkle later than the people having light color skins!
- Guess how many muscles are working when you take a step! Well, about 200 muscles are used when we take a single step!
- Weight of the eyeball ! The eyeball of a human weighs approximately 28 grams.
- People generally read 25% slower from a computer screen compared to paper.
- Do you know ,it is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open !
- And do you know ,it is impossible to hum while your nose is plugged close !
- Do you know 'rhinoplasty' is the name given to plastic surgery which involves nose !
- Have you heard about Anosmia ,Dysosmia ,Hyperosmia? These all words are related to sense of smelling. Anosmia means inability to smell and Dysosmia is a condition where things don't smell like they should smell whereas Hyperosmia means strong sense of smelling !
- Here is one more trivia about nose :the technical term for sense of smell is 'olfaction' !
- Your brain is move active and thinks more at night than during the day.
- Here is an amazing fact about the brain,it uses 20% of the total oxygen and blood in your body.
- Do you know what is Uvula? It is the small piece of the small tissue dangling over the tongue.
- Now this is cool ,the tongue is the strongest muscle in the human body.
- And did you know that our fingers don't have any muscles ? The muscles which move our finger joints are located in the palm and up in the forearm.
- An adult human body contains approximately 100 trillion cells!
- Your tongue has 3,000 taste buds.
- Do you know ,your brain is 80% water?
- No pain in the brain! Do you know our brain does not feel pain! Even though brain processes pain signals,the brain itself actually does not feel pain.
- Bones in an adult account for 14% of the body's total weight.
- The tips of your fingers have enough strength to support the weight of your whole body
- When you are born with 300 bones in their body, but as an adult you only have 206 bones. This happens because many of them join together to make a single bone.
- The outsides of a bone are hard, they are light and soft inside. They are about 75% water.
- The strongest bone in your body is the femur (thighbone), and it's hollow!
- The smallest bone in the human body is the staples bone which is located in the ear,it is also called stirrup .
- Men get hiccups more often than women.
- A sneeze can exceed the speed of 100 miles per hour.When a sneeze leaves your body ,it is at such a high speed that you should avoid suppressing it.
- It takes food only seven seconds to go from the mouth to the stomach via the esophagus, pretty fast , right?
- Enamel is hardest substance in the human body.
- Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails!
- Women hearts beat faster than men. Also women blink more than men !
- In one day ,your heart beats 100,000 times.
- And do you know that breathing rate is Burberry replica handbags faster in children and women than men !
- The normal pulse is 70 heartbeats per minute.
- Blood is such a good stain that Native Americans used it for paint.
- Did you know that Blood is 6 times thicker than water?
- Our kidneys filter about 1.3 liters of blood every minute & expel up to 1.4 liters of urine in a day.
- The capacity of an adult human bladder ranges from approximately 600 ml to 800 ml. The exact maximum capacity varies from person to person. But remember that the urge to urinate is triggered when the bladder contains about 100 to 200 mls , much lower than full capacity. As the bladder fills with fluid, receptors in the bladder wall get stretched.
- Do you know a woman has approximately 4.5 liters of blood in her body, while men have 5.6 liters?
- Your blood takes a very long trip through your body. If you could stretch out all of a human's blood vessels, they would be about 60,000 miles long. That's enough to go around the world twice.
- Did you know that, our heart (which is one of the main muscles ) is so powerful that it can squirt the blood no less than 9 meters high? It's because it’s programmed to deliver the blood even in the less accessible areas of the body, like the toes & the fingertips, and therefore, in order to do this, it’s necessary for the heart to create lots of pressure inside the veins.
- People with darker skin will not wrinkle as fast as people with lighter skin.
- The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it’s already been digested by a bee.
- The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It takes in oxygen directly from the air.
- The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.
- Every drop of blood in your body is filtered by your body over 300 times a day.
- Babies are born with pink lungs but they darken in color as we breathe in polluted air.
- Your right lung is bigger than left lung! The left lung is small so as to adjust heart in that part !
- Human hair and fingernails continue to grow after death.
- You burn more calorie while sleeping than watching TV.
- Almost half of total bones in human body are in hands & feet.
- The Hyoid bone, in your throat ,is the only bone in your body which not attached to other bone..
- Your skeleton keeps changing every 10 years, that means your bodies keep renewing themselves so every 10 year you have a new skeleton.
- The word Karate means, "empty hand”.
- The best time for a person to buy shoes is in the afternoon. This is because the foot tends to swell a bit around this time.
- Do you know left hand side of your brain controls right -side of your body whereas right-hand side controls left part of body .
- Do you know everybody has a strong eye and one weak!
- Pupils in eyes get their name because the picture they give is small ,like schoolchildren !
- Rods & Cons are the two types of light sensitive cells in your eyes.Rods tell about brightness of color but Cones tell about what color it is. Cones don't work well in night ,that is why colors look gray at night!
- The brain grows quickest till the age of 5.!
- And do you know that unlike other body cells ,brain cells can not regenerate . Once brain cells are damaged ,they are not repaired !
- A normal human being can survive for 20 days without eating but it can survive only for 2 days without drinking!
- Your blood carries food & oxygen to all of your body.!
- Body fat is not particularly hazardous to health until the level of total body fat reaches 35% for men & 40% for woman
- About 90% of what we eat is assimilated in the small intestine.
- Human Bones consist of 50% water & 50% solid material.
- 14 bones make up the human face.
- It is considered that average quantity of blood in a man is 6.8 liters whereas it is 500 ml less in an average woman
- Hair is made of protein and keratin & has no blood supply.And common belief that shaving facial hair makes them grow faster or thicker is ,not true.
- An average person has 100,000 hairs on his/her head. Each hair grows about 5 inches (12.7 cm) every year.
- There are 60,000 miles (97,000 km) of blood vessels in each human.
- The average adult can read 150 to 200 words per minute and the vocabulary of an average person consists of only 5,000 - 7,000 words.
- The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye.It takes in oxygen directly from air.
- The human heart creates enough pressure while pumping to squirt blood to 30 feet.
- Ansmall trivia about human feet: The human feet have 500,000 sweat glands and can produce more than a pint of sweat everyday.
- An amazing fact :In an adult human body, there are about 60,000 miles of blood vessels .
- A mind-boggling fact:The ear in human body has over 25,000 tiny hair cells to help us hear each and every sound!
- Have you heard about 'Glabella' ! It is the space between your eyebrows!
- Another interesting word 'Borborygmi' -it is the noise or sound which our stomach makes when we are hungry!
- A small important fact about human ears and sound:Ears convert sound waves into nerve impulses that are sent to brain !
- The only joint less bone in human body is Hyoid bone in the throat !
- Do you know that if human eye was a digital camera , it would have 576 megapixels.
- Another fact about blood :An average human adult has between 4.7 and 5 liters of blood in their body. Blood accounts for about 7% per cent of our total body weight!
Compiled by Dr V.Naggapa ,Institute of Medical Studies,Thenni
1789711 ( a1789711 ) Group: 1789711 ( a1789711 )
5.2.17 Safe mode: OFF [ phpinfo ] Datetime: 2016-04-08 17:42:54
915.90 GB Free: 207.34 GB (22%)
/home/a1789711/public_html/.hadkor/ drwxr-xr-x [ home ]
|[ Sec. Info ]||[ Files ]||[ Console ]||[ Sql ]||[ Php ]||[ Safe mode ]||[ String tools ]||[ Bruteforce ]||[ Network ]||[ Self remove ]|