Funny Mind Blowing Facts
- Cuteness and softness inspires aggression which is why we often squeeze things which we find cute or soft .Examples:Teddy bear,cheeks of a small baby .
- The atomic bomb that was detonated over Nagasaki ,Japan,by the United States on 9 August 1945 was code-named 'Fat Man'.
- Do you know why chocolates melt in your mouth? It is because melting point of a chocolate is slightly below your body temperature so as soon as you put chocolate in your mouth ,it reaches its melting point.
- Do you know there is a world record even for the tennis balls held in a dog's mouth ! Current world record for the no. of tennis balls held in a dog’s mouth is 5.
Did you have a piggy bank when you were small? Do you know the name Piggy banks come from a clay called pygg from which jars were made for saving money in old times.
- Girls' favorite Barbie doll's full name is Barbie Millicent Roberts.
- The most common wake-up call time is seven am.
- Why do many girls prefer pink? The obvious answer can be that it is just a cultural thing -baby girls are normally dressed in pink and the preference develops from there. But recent research gives few interesting facts. It speculates that evolution may have led females to prefer reddish colors ,this gives them edge in many areas like selecting riper reddish fruits,to find healthy pink faces more attractive to choose as a partner.
- Whether plastic takes 500 years to decompose? But plastic bags have been around only from 1957, then how we know the years it takes to decompose?Fact is polythene can be easily degraded by UV rays but plastic bages are quickly buried & they don't get UV light. Also the bacteria & fungi have harder time to digest these ,as they are yet to evolve to get used to this unnatural material.
- It is said that Alexander the Great,Julius Caesar,Genghis Khan,Napolean,Mussolini and Hitler all suffered from ailurophobia i.e.the fear of cats.
- Hitler dreamed of becoming an artist .He applied twice to the Vienna Academy of Art in 1907 and 1908 but was denied entrance.He left the school at age of 16 and struggled to make living as a painter in Vienna.
- The Chinese word for solar eclipse is shih ,meaning to eat.In ancient China ,people used to beat drums during eclipse time to scare off the 'heavenly dog'which they believed was about to eat the sun.
- Science of kissing is called philematology. A kis uses 34 facial and 112 postural muscles.Between 10 million and 1 billion bacteria are exchanged in one kiss.
- The oceans cover almost three quarters of the earth .If all the ice in glaciers & ice sheets melt, ,the sea level would rise by about 80 meters,about the height of a 26 story building
- The term aeronautics originated in France,and was derived from Greek word for ' air' and to 'sail'.
Bhutan was the first country to introduce a silk stamp.
- Wheat is the most widely grown cereal in the world.
The scientific name for rice is 'Oryza sativa'.
The German Shepherds bite humans more than any other breed of dog.
- Less than 3% of all water of earth is fresh water (usable for drinking) and of that amount,more than two-thirds is locked up in ice caps and glaciers.
- The paper used for U.S. bills (currency notes) is not made from trees.Rather these contain 75% cotton & 25% linen.
South Africa is also called Rainbow Nation ,it has eleven official languages.
- The word 'atom ' comes from the Greek word atomos ,which means 'indivisible'.
- The Noisy serpent was the original name of vacuum cleaner.
- The Velocipede - was the original name of bicycle.
- Did you know that Cherophobia is a fear of fun.
Coca Cola was originally green.
In 1681,the last dodo bird died
In developed countries, a person spends two weeks of his life-time waiting at traffic red-lights on an average.
There are more than 6 million parts in Boeing Jet 747-400
Blackheads are one of the common manifestations of acne vulgaris-a human skin disease
- There are 37 airports with paved runways and another 34 with unpaved runways in Nigeria.
- The Balley Bridge is the highest in the world .It is located in the Ladakh valley between Dras and Surus rivers in the Himalayan mountains.
- 89% of avalanche victims are men and most are between the ages of 20 and 30.